Thursday, June 28, 2012

Where's the Sun??

I always begin to feel uncomfortable when I see darkening skies. I love water, don't get me wrong. Nothing better than playing "catch the water" with Charlie, my boy, and the hose.
But there's this terrible feeling that comes over me in late June as white puffy clouds turn grey and build up and come together to block the sunshine. Then the dreaded ominous noise that rolls out of those clouds. I am certain that noise brings something that is going to tear me to shreds. My only source of comfort in these times is the bathtub with the shower curtain closed securely. I am additionally comforted when Charlie sits in the tub with me and wraps his arms around me. That doesn't happen often.
These people are so weird. They must have no idea how dangerous that noise monster is. They seem to enjoy watching the flashing arrows and hearing the rolling booms. I wait patiently until my boy feels such concern for me and tries to stop the terrible shakes that come over my body.
I am positive the monster can't find me here.
My little sister, Caitlin, is afraid of the monster, too. She is comforted by hiding in her bed. Silly little goose! She doesn't realize the first place a monster looks is in your bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment